Explore our knowledge base of frequently asked questions and help topics
The NestTenders application process is broken into these six parts:
- Showing: We require applicants (or a local friend or family member) to view the property they are interested in before applying. This is so you know the home will work well for you and that you're familiar with the space before entering into a lease. The exception to this is active duty military or separating military members returning home.
- Application: You and anyone living with you 18 years or older will need to submit a completed application.
- Income Verification: Based on the documents you provide (see below our article What Documents Are Required) we will determine if you meet the minimum income requirement of 3.5 times the rent amount.
- Rental History Verification: We will speak with your past landlords, including your current one, to determine if rent was timely received, any damages were made to the property, any bounced checks were received by the landlord or if you may or may not have had pets.
- Credit & Civil Court Checks: We will obtain a consumer credit report on you and your applicants to determine ability to pay based on our internal scoring model. We will also check with various courts for slow pays, judgements, eviction filings, collections, liens or bankruptcy.
- Criminal History Check: We will conduct a criminal history search across all states to ensure you do not have felonies for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance, felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property as well as sexual related offenses. We will also ensure your name is not included in the National Terrorist Database.
Once a fully completed application is received, it normally takes three to five business days to collect all information and determine eligibility. Once you are approved we will send you a congratulatory email and offer a lease for you to sign online.
Was this article helpful to you?